That may be true for the Optima Red, but the yellow is for deep cycle.
The thing I like most about the Optima is the totally sealed case that won't leak.
The Trojans are supposed to be the best all around I hear.

The Optima's can't be cycled as deeply as the Trojans without destroying them in short
order.

> The Optima's are very good for starting and other cold cranking high amp
> applications that are more intermittent, this might also include launching
> sailplanes--

T&G     http://adesigner.com/invention
32 Mount View Dr.
Afton, VA  22920