The only way a 2-meter ship doesn't measure up to the unlimited models is
visibility.  I flew 2-meter from 1979 until 1998 with my two meter Winglet
Spica and found that it outperformed the standard class and 115 inch span
versions every way but one.  I couldn't stay with the thermal as far
downwind with the 2-meter version because it just became invisible too soon.

I have only one complaint about 2-meter contests.  Since I retired, I
always look for winter contests to get away from the cold weather in
January and February.  Unfortunately, most contests in Florida don't fly
two day contests.  Instead, they fly one day of 2-meter and one day of
unlimited and I don't drive that far for a one day contest.  There is no
reason both classes can't be flown together.  We have been doing that in
Tullahoma for the last 20 years.  That gives two days of flying for those
of us who only fly one class.  As it is, I will only get to fly in the
Southwest Classic in February.

Chuck Anderson