Thanks for such a lucid and instructive post.

When discussing cruciform, T, and Conventional tails, does the
interference drag disappear when the control surfaces are separated; that
is, the elevator ends before the horizontal stabilizer begins?

There's one element you didn't discuss (and I don't remember if you
brought it up in an earlier thread): the inverse V-Tail.  If built with a
skid at the bottom (or a twin boom, made magically as light as a single
boom), would the increase in proverse (?) roll mean a need for less
dihedral, meaning less interference drag on the wings?  Is this splitting
a split hair?  Are there other advantages?

-