>Is there an optimum spoiler size - say percent of chord?
>Working on a low aspect ratio 2M with a root chord of 15.375".
>Center panel (where the spoiler will be) is flat and 20.5" span.

I'm not sure what you mean by "optimum".
The bigger the spoiler and the farther forward it is,
the more sink rate you get.

As you probably know, I favor putting the spoiler very
far aft where it can't hurt the airfoil significantly
even with an imperfect fit.  Such a spoiler should be
very big to compensate for loss of effectiveness.

For your big wing area, I'd make the spoiler 2.0 to 2.5"
wide, and the full 20.5" panel span for simplicity.
Putting the spoiler's TE at 65% chord will place the spoiler
over one of the AG3x airfoil's flat facets, so the spoiler
wants to be flat and hence will be easier to make.

Make sure you have at least 10 deg of additional up-elevator
travel to compensate for the spoiler's upwash via mixing.

- Mark