>Currently I have a 2" spoiler drawn in with the leading edge
>at 45% which I believe is the beginning of the 1st flat facet.
>Will that be ok?  I'll go ahead and lengthen it to 2.5".

OK.

>Your comment about the elevator is interesting.  Although I would like to
>locate it just off the boom per the Allegro Lite, I had assumed it best to
>locate the elevator higher up, perhaps a T-tail, to get it out of the
>turbulence caused by the spoiler.  Would you care to comment?

The stab sees two things from the spoiler... turbulence (maybe), and upwash.

The turbulence is fairly compact vertically -- some fraction of the wing chord.
But I've never seen any adverse effect of this turbulence on the controllability,
at least on the Allegro-Lite.  I don't think it's a problem in general.

The upwash extends vertically over a greater distance -- some fraction of
the spoiler's span.  So mounting the stab higher up on a T-tail is almost futile.
You won't reduce the upwash it sees by all that much.

I would do the mechanically simplest stab mount, just above the boom,
and use spoiler->elevator mixing to deal with it.

- Mark