From: John Roe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 9:18 AM
To: rcse
Subject: [RCSE] RES what's in a name?

     The Harbor Soaring Society like many clubs has a group of pilots who like to fly "low tech" planes, i.e. Rudder Elevator Spoiler only.  This question was debated;  "As a competition class, what other restrictions should apply?"

     The majority were happy with the AMA definition of RES, which allows any type of construction materials/methods and allows skegs.

     The other options discussed were:

1. Nostalgia rules, meaning designs kitted during or before 1980.

2. TPG rules, meaning AMA rules but no skegs

SNIP