Stuart,

You can expect to get 1 1/2-2 1/12 hours per charge on 2 servos.  This is only a ball
park estimate.  Depending on what you call
"all day", you can fly all day on one charge assuming you aren't "on" all the time.  I
understand your frustration about wanting to
know the answer, but it is highly subjective.  If you plan on staying in the hobby, I
STRONGLY recommend getting an ESV (expanded
scale volt meter)  It'll be the best $35 you spend in this hobby.  Forgive me if you
already know this, but the ESV only reads a
very small range, specifically the 4.8 and 9.6V range we opperate it.

Fully charge your batteries.  Check your battery voltage at an hour and then every 10
minutes or so after that.  The meter will tell
you if it's safe to operate the plane and radio.  I'm not sure of your educational
background but I'll throw this out for you.  If
you don't understand just let me know.  The place you want to stay away from is past
the "knee of the curve".  This is where the
batteries drop rapidly in voltage.  As long as you stay below the knee, you are OK.

Remember, the batteries are rated at 1.25V per cell.  Anything lower than 1.1V per
cell is a danger zone!  I typically don't fly if
the rx pack reads 4.5 and the tx if it's 9.3 or less.  I have a fast field charger so
I'm not worried if the batteries run down.
But, I've been in this hobby for over 30 years so I have lots of cool 'stuff'.

In your situation, I'd recommend the ESV first and a Fast field charger second.  I've
save a number of planes from crashing by using
the ESV.  For instance, I saved my #1 thermal ship from demise because the ESV found I
had a dead cell in the rx.  I had charged the
pack overnight with the regular charger and everything looked fine...until I checked
it with the ESV(I didn't have my fast charger
at the time).  That saved me a $1000 airplane.

If you have any more questions please let me know.  gv