widlerj wrote:

> So what are your suggestions for a different airfoil bearing in mind
> that I can not get or maintain a truly accurate foil shape? I can
> read polar graphs but have no idea how sensitive different airfoils
> are to irregularities.

*chuckle*  Did you ever see the episode of Junkyard Wars where they
built gliders?  Their airfoils weren't computer plotted or accurately
skinned, yet they flew.  Go figure :^)

<RANT>
I think that some of the best airfoils may never be discovered by
analyzing a computer model alone.  You can have a whole lot of fun,
and learn a whole lot too, by just free-hand drawing an airfoil and
trying it out.  One day we might all be using airfoils labeled with
your initials :)
</RANT>

--
Andrew E. Mileski