I do like the carefree nature of EPP wings.  Here is a tip for
when you start flying with a composite wing -- learn to catch
the plane by the nose.  Now that I do that I'm much less
concerned about putting (more) dents in my composite wing.

I agree that the Goblin and Dizzy Bird wings don't penetrate.
It acts like it is a high drag wing.  Even at slow speeds it
sinks through really light stuff.  I recently built a Little
Nipper style wing for the Goblin: white foam, SD7003, same span
but less chord than the Goblin (less area), 1 oz lighter than
the Goblin wing.  It makes the Goblin a different plane: much
better penetration, won't go as slow, doesn't have as much drag
(and decent) in light lift.  It's a step in the right direction
so I'll change some things and try another wing soon.  I wonder
if I can find some EPP?

> Actually, there was another one where they built full size
> man-carrying gliders and launched them off a slope (the idea
> being to see how far down the slope you could fly).  It was
> a bit scary...one of them got hit by a cross wind gust just
> as it got a few feet off the ground.  There wasn't enough
> control authority to over come it, and the glider crashed.
> Luckily, the pilot wasn't injured, but he could have easily
> been killed if the glider had managed to get higher before
> it happened.

I recall from the replay of that crash that the "expert"
moved the controls into the turn instead of opposite!

Keith Watson
Wilsonville, OR