>From: "Tracy Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [RCSE] Discus launching, what to look for?
>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:31:10 -0600
>
>Andy:
>
>The kits are expensive due to the time it takes to manufacture them.
>Materials costs also play a factor especially when they use Kevlar and
>carbon weave materials in them.

The Dream Catcher #5 ARF has a Kevlar-Carbon fiber wing.

It only sells for $125.00 or so.

Sorry, it just does not make sense to me, why others costs $220.00 - over
$350.00.

I still have not had my first question answered.

What do I need to look for?

I am not talking about, well XX person flies this model, that happened to be
given to them by the manufacture to fly.

I am not talking about a mag. review, I understand that the only requirement
for getting a review, is "do you run ads in that mag". then we will run a
review of your products.

Yes, I hear the marketing talking, trying to convenience me that a $350.00
model is worth that much money.

Help is what I'm looking for, not some marketing hype, just facts, please.

Things that will help me understand, what I'm doing.

If I get time this week end, I'll borrow a Laser Range finder and see if I
can come up with a launch height.

Andy