I have been following this thread with interest as last time I restrung one
of my bows I was thinking that I should be wearing eye protection as the
tension is very high. I have never broken a wire, however if it should break
while not actually cutting, lots of energy would be released not damponed by
some foam. Many things besides flying would be a lot harder with only one
eye. I am sorry for being somewhat cranky and provocative in the last few
weeks. I have been working two jobs and learning AutoCAD and not flying,
building, riding my bicycle, or x-country skiing. This weekend I am moving
to a new place where I will be able to dedicate an entire garage to
something other than parking my car. I am psyched! Any comments on the wire
breakage thing?

Alan Bangham