Somewhere along the way, I decided to design a plane specific for my wants
and needs, specifically a 2M RES for winching.

I've designed the hell out of the wing...

Used liftroll for the plan form. http://liftdist.freeyellow.com/index.html
Collected polars for airfoils in Reduced Reynolds number format.
http://soaring.cnde.iastate.edu/calcs/frames.shtml
Was inspired by the design analysis of EV Design to analyze MY two "best"
choices of airfoil and to select the Aspect Ratio.
                http://www.rc-soar.com/tech/perfanal.htm to compare the
airfoils minimum sink and penetration.
Used (and confirmed) Mark Drela's spar sizing formulae.
http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles/allegro2m/spar_sizing.txt
Modified the airfoils to something that can actually be built with foam and
wood skins. (spreadheet)
Printed the patterns for the templates. http://fly.to/tracfoil

I should have my cores done by the end of the weekend.

I started thinking about the tail feathers.  I (now) know how to design the
main spar to prevent breakage on a full pedal winch launch (160# of pull to
be exact), but what kinds of loads with the tail see?

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom Koszuta
Clarence Sailplane Society