Harley,
I disagree.  We don't need our inboxes cluttered with responses that are
just "Thanks".  Appreciation is understood.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harley Michaelis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 7:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] Manners for newbies

When answers are given to a newbie on some question, he should realize that
he is owed nothing by those offering them.

Rather, answers are voluntarily and generously offered in a spirit of
wanting to be helpful.

It follows that as a manner of common courtesy a response should be
acknowleged, even if only a simple "thanks". If he is later seen making
other inquiries, he must be checking the mail, so seems without excuse.