Hi Gordon,
Thanks for your believable theory.  I've flown my Escape right off the
beach in S. CT wondering all the time what the hell kept it up, at near
spec height.  The plane was probably right over the water's edge and
flying like it was in wave.  i.e. just hovering at windspeed.  I
couldn't believe it was a wave at the time.  Surface WS were only 10-12
kt.  This happened many times and I landed only because I got bored and
needed an aerobatic fix.

As I recall, we met at the soaring symposium last Mar. or April.  How's
that ugly airplane (mantis) of yours doing?  :)

cheers.
--
Stephen Syrotiak Building Service
Southern Connecticut