Joe,

Flew in one of those from Turkey to Germany and the thing was broke before
we left and then prior to landing it called in broke again.  We had to
change planes to make the last flight to England.  Would never want to have
to work on one of those monsters.

"I would rather screw my way around the world, than suck and blow"

We used to put on our helmets on with the visor down an throw chem. lites on
night flights with the cargo lights off.  Did the frisbee thing to but as
you know not a hole lot of room for that.

See where all your tax dollars go everyone...
Have had a good time now in over 30 countries and getting there can be half
the fun..  thanks!!

Mark

>From: "Joe G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [RCSE] Favorite Transport Vehicle
>Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:51:17 -0600
>
>Mark,
>Yep the C-130 is a fine transport but for frisbee flying nothing' beats a
>C-5.  Took part in the great Viet Nam junkie retrieval exercise in '73 and
>got to fly in one back to Elmendorf Alaska from DaNang when our air evac
>jet
>broke down. Only 7 people on board and the whole back bay was empty.  Do
>believe you could fly a M class HLG back there.
>
>Joe

Mark Wales

www.skyfamily.com/mhcommunications