I'm with Nowell on this one.  Assuming you had enough throwers who weren't
busy flying or timing!

Having a thrower makes it possible for an injured person to be competitive.
It still puts them at a disadvantage however, especially if you enforce the
tag rule.  If you wanted to be more restrictive yet, you could say that the
flyer has to be in the same place on the field throughout the heat.

There is going to be a slight drop in time as the thrower has to tag the
hand of the flyer.  If the plane lands away, the thrower has to run and get
it and bring it to the flyer, adding even more time.

In the spirit of participation and competitiveness, I'd welcome the
designated thrower.  Nowell's idea of the "available throwers in a hat"
seems to make sense.

JE
--
Erickson Architects