> Question: Should my hand/palm be facing forward or
> backward (like if I did not use a peg at all) when I
> grip the wing tip?

When I use the throwing peg my palm is having forward,
the wing is between my first and second fingers, and
the peg rests in the first knuckle of my fingers.

> I have been getting about 50 feet on a toss either
> way, but I feel like i should be able to put a lot
> more into it... of course I need to learn the proper
> technique - any help!!??

I learned my technique on a 43" DLG and got to experiment.
When I got the Taboo it was a couple minutes before I was
trying full blown launches.  Some tips.  Do not snap your
wrist at release, it adds too much yaw and causes the plane
to turn.  The wingtips should be the same height off the
ground when you release.  If the outer tip is high the plane
turns left.  Whether you are doing a full 360 degree rotation
with your body or just starting by facing downwind, as you
pivot on your foot your throwing arm should have your elbow
straight and the arm is still lagging behind.  As you face
upwind and plant your upwind foot you sweep you arm forward
and you release.

My best advice is try it going slow first.  Work on technique
then start adding speed.

About the rudder...  I never land at such a speed that
the plane travels more than a couple inches on the ground.
I did glue the bottom edge of the vertical stab (where
it contacts the ground) with CA, both for reinforcement
and to keep the water out.

Keith Watson
Wilsonville, Or