Some also like to show off more than others. :-)
Don't have a vett anymore but I usually pass at least one on
the Grapevine each year while flying my old 1995 Geo Prizm
from Seattle to the IHLGF in Poway. What you drive is not
as important as how well you drive it. It is at 132K now
and I am just arranging for my second brake job. Only other
repair was a set of spark plugs at about 80K. Leather seats,
16 valves, AC, etc are still holding up well. Not bad for
a used car that sold with 28K miles in 1997 for only $13K.