OK I think I have the solution.

> > I have an onboard glow system, on a towplane, that I activate
> > using an electronic speed control and sw.
> > 5 to turn it on and off. I want to know if I can then use the GX
> > sw (via the throttle) to switch sw 5 off once past
> > 20% or so throttle and back on again once the throttle comes back
> > past 20%.

Instead of S5, you want to use a software switch (Gx), using Throttle
control as the master:

Go to Menu2->Assign->SoftSw. If Throttle is on B then choose B as the master
stick. Choose the switching threshold (20?). You'll now find a new switch
"SB" in the list of secondary switches. For ESC, specify "SB" instead of S5.

- Mike