Hi Les,
Thanks for the huge type font!  Saves me putting on my reading glasses.:-)
My post was about the MM X series, which pointed out that none of the X's have had any gear train problems.

The broken pin problem popped up in a certain run of the MM's when the pin material supplier decided to send material that exceeded the hardness spec required. Micro Maxx (non X) servos haven't been available for quite awhile.

If you were to look at the X series gear deck, you'd see that its vitually impossible to get the kind of loads that cause chipped gears, bent or broken pins like in all other brand servos of the MM gear deck design.

And by the way, if you were to contact [EMAIL PROTECTED], they will fix your older MM's up with some new pins and a tune up that should make them even better than when you bought them.  There is never a service or labor charge, just include return postage in the box with the servos insure that they can be sent back, same day or next day from when they are recieved.  You'll be notified via email that they got there,and notified that they left too.
You will be knocked $5 for cutting the plug off, they hate having to solder leads on to test the servos!

So thanks for posting that bit of information out to the crowd, but its okay to just post Volz or me off line to make sure you are getting constructive information out to other modelers.  There are probably others who don't know about [EMAIL PROTECTED] and may have questions like yours too.

To see why the Micro Maxx X series is unlikely to ever have the kind of think happen to its gear train, just go to the first page of Volz webpage
MM-X Gear Deck Page, there is an exposed view of the X series gear deck and all of its amazing amount of supports, to make sure gears don't get to bow apart underloads....
But again, once the those servos who have had a gear pin crack are updated to last MM's components, they will center great, draw less current and be happier :-)

Again its [EMAIL PROTECTED] a really nice guy too!
Gordy