At 02:53 PM 8/1/2002 -0400, Monkey King wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Bill Johns wrote:
>
> >I'll butt in here again.  First off, aluminum oxide is good hard stuff, but
> >sensitive to certain environments.  For optimal performance, like the
> >really high-end aerospace stuff, the clean, freshly prepared aluminum oxide
> >layer is primed or painted with a non epoxy paint, typically a
> >phenolic.  This protects the aluminum oxide layer from water and epoxy
> resin.
>
>Do you have a brand name for a phenolic paint?

Nope.  I suppose some specialty shop that caters to high end aerospace
might offer something.  Don't be surprised if you need to buy it by the
drum, require very special application and curing conditions.

You don't need it.  Really.  I was just answering a question and developing
the technology.

Cheers,

Bill

--
The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you
know when to cringe.

Bill Johns
Pullman, WA