I've used JR servos for years and this year switched to Volz (won some Micro-Maxx's in a raffle).   Very impressed with the Volz and I love the side mounting lugs and the pre-cut 1/4" ply mounts for wing mounting.   Why doesn't JR incorporate a side mount lug??  can't believe we're still paying hundreds for servos and then gluing them into our wings...
-----Original Message-----
From: James V. Bacus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 9:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Volz servos at the F3J champs, and Electric Worlds too!

At 10:59 AM 8/15/2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
For what it's worth, 5 of the top 10 flyers at the recent F3J World
Championships used Volz servos: Borst (1), Pazderka (4), Clark (6),
Tupec (7), and Vallant (10).

The recent high performance Electric Worlds had Volz in the top 8 finishers.
All that says is someone with more descerning interest than most of us seem to think Volz are 'okay' :-)

FWIW, at least 5 of the top 10 pilots in Unlimited TD at Nats this year were flying JR, including Tom Kiesling, who placed first.

JR is paying attention to soaring enthusiasts in the USA, team JR was at Nats and talking a bit...  I have heard rumors that there are two new models of TX'es that are going to be out before the end of the year that would suit us very well, and I saw a digital servo version of the 241, tiniest digital servo I have ever seen.  I also heard a rumor that all it's servos will be digital in the not too distant future.

I'm not putting anyone down in this post, I just think JR is doing a good job.

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of the Chicago SOAR club,  AMA 592537    LSF 7560 Level III
ICQ 6997780    R/C Soaring Page at www.jimbacus.net