see below
> Brian Stutters wrote:
>
> > i'm looking to move up (or laterally) to another
> > plane. my current spirit is not only fairly well
> > destroyed, but has been a pain in the ass the entire
> > way.
I can understand that! Yuck!

 >>i want to stay in the 2m RES area,
not the greatest idea as even a little larger is much nicer

>>so i've been
> > considering these options:

snip
> > c) nsp's kestrel 2m. seems nice enough and i like the
> > idea of laser cut parts.

I flew an early version or maybe it was a prototype and it flew very
well. I haven't heard the greatest things about the quality of the kit.

Isn't there a short kit of the Sagitta 600? A little obsolete in some
sense, but a very nice flyer nonetheless, and you won't have the old
problem of telling yours apart from the other 5 in the same thermal. If
you build one keep the tail as light as you can and maybe reinforce the
fuse just a tad around the front of the fin.

If I was in that market I might be tempted to try a Laser Arts Jester,
but I don't know how it flies or whether it's any good. Just looks like
it might be good.

Of course if you're ready to do a lot of work there's the Allegro Lite,
but that's a heavy duty project!

> > lots of people have been telling me to step up to a
> > 100" plane, but my hi-start is for 2m and it would be
> > difficult to fit larger wings in my car, so that's out
> > of the question...for now at least.

Some 100" aren't very heavy, and most have two part wings. If you can't
fit 50" wing halves you must be sharing a Messerschmidt tandem car with
another flyer. Dynaflite used to have a 100" plane which I think was
pretty light called the Apogee, but again I don't know how it flew, plus
I don't know if you can get one. Maybe would high start on 2M ok. The
Oly 2 is very nice but slow, and if a high start can launch a Spirit I
bet it can do as well for a light Oly 2. Laser Arts has a 100" plane but
I don't know what it's like. An Oly 2 made with a fully d tubed S3021
wing would probably be great. There's a short kit out there for the
Sagitta 900, but I've never flown one, or at least not for long. I think
people used to like them.
snip
--
Lincoln Ross