I set up the spoiler so that the full throttle position has spoiler
closed, as in fast.  Spoilers deploy as the stick is pulled to idle.

As to servo drain.  There is always an idle current on the order of a few
milliamps for the electronics.  The main drain is moving the motor.  The
worst drain is a stalled motor.  When the transmitter calls for the servo
to move, the drain goes up as the motor runs.  When the servo is at the
desired position, it stops and the drain goes down.  However, if the
required position cannot be reached, the servo stops due to a mechanical
stop, the current rises to alarming levels.  THis is one reason  your JR
transmitter has no trim at full throttle an good trim at 50% and below.
You rarely need to make changes in the high throttle setting, (once set up
during installation so the servo stops just before the throttle hits the
'high' limit), but you want to adjust the idel with trim.  Spoilers are
the same.  Set the spoilers up so that they do not require the servo to
hold them closed.  Use a spring, or magnets for this.  Use the sevo to
'open' the spoilers

.........bc    ([EMAIL PROTECTED]

       http://www.widomaker.com/~conk
Williamsburg, VA 23185