Dear Ed and RCSE gurus:

    Could the weak or dying lithium battery syndrome cause centering problems on other radios too?  Once in  a while my JR 783 does odd things about centering control surfaces.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ed Franz
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 6:29 PM
Subject: [RCSE] Stylus problem part 2

A while back I posted about my Stylus having problems centering. Well, I talked to Airtronics and they knew about the problem. It seems when the lithium battery in the transmitter starts to go bad the lack of centering is one of the signs. I sent in my radio and today was the first time I have used it sense I got it back. What a difference! I had no centering problems at all the whole day. So if your Stylus starts to act funny it is probably time to send it back for the replacement of the lithium battery in the transmitter. I put a small piece of tape with the date I had the battery changed under the module to remind me when I had it done. Airtronics says every three years or so.

Ed Franz