Why are we surprised?? I remember paying 20 cents a gallon for gasoline in
high school, I paid $3,000 for my first NEW car, and I can still remember
when Motel 6 REALLY was 6 dollars!! (not $38).

On the other hand I can also remember (the same time frame as above) when a
6-channel Pro-Line radio with only two dual rates, no servo reversing, no
end point adjustments or computer wizardry was over $700. Look at what you
get for $400 now in a radio.

But overall everything is more these days as are salaries. In the end I
agree, what we get today in planes and radios is well worth the price.