Was a dollar ever really worth a dollar?

I remember buying my first Hobie Hawk for $150.00 and
thinking I was out of my ever loving mind. I look back
now and it was one of the best buys I have made in
this hobby. I'm still flying the thing. This was back
in the days of Windfree's, Windrifters etc for $30.00.

Seeing that I paid Tower the $150.00 for it I wonder
how much Bob Martin (the maker at the time) got paid?
Hardly worth his effort I would think. Although I do
appreciate him making it available. Wish Dennis Ross
would make them again. But then, I'd hate to see him
go broke doing it.

Mark
http://www.isthmusmodels.com