Ben,

Last week I commented that even Crow on a gas plane of mine wasn't enough to
allow it to descend vertically straight down. Well, over the weekend I
tested this and found that I was wrong.

It can be pointed straight down with Crow deployed. It goes pretty fast and
the pull-out G's are a bit alarming but I did it and survived just fine. The
descent was very quick.

Further, I reminded myself that a decent spin descends much slower than I
remembered. But, a failed spin attempt was still sufficiently quick.
However, the spin is still a bunch more fun so the descent "seems" plenty
fast. Full throttle, full rudder, full elevator and play with the ailerons.
Or, center the sticks then slam them hard over again! Right side up,
inverted and all over the place. The descent was over sooner than I wanted
it to be. Obviously I wasn't doing it in a competition so it didn't have to
be pretty.

Don't forget to tell us what you decide to try.

Bill Swingle
Janesville, CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and 
unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.

Reply via email to