I have to agree with Don Stackhouse--the answer is not to ban park flyers,
but to bring those folks into our clubs.   We used the safety and
interference argument here in Columbus to get the City to allow us to fly
electrics at our sailplane field.  (We had previously been banned from
flying anything other than "pure" gliders at the city-owned site.)

    We announced the new permission to fly electrics every way we could--to
other clubs, at fliers posted at all the hobby shops, etc.

    The result has been a lot of new members in the club, and a lot of new
and interesting planes being flown at the MOSS field.  So far, it has not
interfered with sailplane operations  (although I am still looking for that
second half hour flight for LSF III.)