Dudes, I've played with knots on bungees too much. I whole-heartedly suggest
buying a prepackaged joiner. I've not tried Mark's but if he says it works,
I believe him. If you try it and don't like it, I'll buy it from you minus
postage.

In the past I've used aluminum tubing from Torque and Recoil Club. It worked
so well that I couldn't remove it. I had to cut the darn rubber just to get
it off the joiners. I SUSPECT that any tubing or rod would work as long as
the diameter is correct. I used 6 inch lengths but I'd GUESS that was longer
than necessary. I agree with Mark. Keep the ends rounded and smooth.

FYI, every type of joiner I've tried failed eventually EXCEPT the 6 inch
tubing mentioned above. Eye protection is a must and turn sideways when
pulling the bungee so that a frontal WHACK is less likely to hit a sensitive
area.

BASHer Charlie MacMurray was whacked with nearly every bungee ever brought
to a BASH. Because he pulled WAY too much stretch. Only stretching them to
about 300% increases the survival of any joint. If, while stretching, you
feel tension stop increasing; you've gone too far.

FYI 2, the fishing sinker shaped "ends" that are sold by Hobby Lobby do not
work reliably.

FYI 3, Be double certain any snaps are twice as strong as you'll ever need.
I had a nice ballbearing snap pull apart under tension. The break left a
sharp end that torn my shirt and cut me when it hit. It hurt too.

Bill Swingle
Janesville, CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]