Dana -

I hope that you are right. Unfortunately, I am not at all sure that it would work out
this way. I have seen things like this go wrong too many times.

The CD might forget to act in time (I can certainly see myself messing this up).

Folks can legitimately argue that "if it's in the rules, we should abide by it,
especially at the Nats." I know of several who will make this argument. They can
escalate past the CD and Event Director, and the AMA Staff will back the rulebook
every time.

I am lobbying to kill this rule before it gets any further. I hope that you will join
me. I think it's easier to get it now than have to live with it later.

happy trails - Rob Glover

Rob,

When we were putting the CD rule changes together for last year (particularly the
landing task), we  took a little bit of a verbal beating.  The final arbiter of
whether or not a change would be accepted (no matter how much people agreed or
disagreed with it) was whether or not people knew early enough to practice with the
rule change.

I think changes are possible at the NATS, as long as there is sufficient lead time for
people to adjust.

Knowing the people who have been in leadership of the NATS in the past, I would
suspect that this rule, even if it passed, would be quickly overruled/changed by the
affected CD and the powers that be, early enough that it would not affect the NATS.

Wish I could be there.

just my 2 cents.

Dana Flemming
2002 Nats Event Director