Antennas are simple. Ant's work best when they are parallel to each other.
One being a Tx and the other being a Rx. Any time you put one of the
antennas at an angle to the other the Rx will have less signal exposed to
it. You shorten up either antenna the signal to the Rx will be less. You
bend,fold,coil, the signal will be less at the Rx.
  The Antennas are cut to a specific length by Frequency. The Tx care only
that its tuned with the Frequency it is putting out. Tuned means that the Tx
puts out all the power to the Antenna. When you collapse the Tx antenna on
the RC Transmitter. The power bounces back to the power output of the
Transmitter. On CB's they would burn up their outputs transistors when they
had bad antennas. Our RC Transmitters are designed to handle the extra
power. You do range checks all the time Right!!
   I have done things I'm not proud of like just sticking the Antenna in the
fuse just to check out a sailplane and launched it a few time to see how it
fly's. You every do that? It fly's great the first time but the second time
it gets weird. You find out that the Antenna has slid up to the receive. You
every see a person trying to fly his sailplane with his smiley Antenna
laying on the ground? Or ever launch a sailplane and wonder what's going
wrong at the top of your launch unit your timer pulls your Antenna out for
you on your radio.
Antennas are simple. Just keep them straight and long.
Larry Taylor    KF6JBG
FCC licensed Communications Tech.
E-Mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web   http://home.earthlink.net/~cvrcsoaring/cvrc.htm
 CD for Visalia Fall Soaring Festival Oct. 4th and 5th  2003
Club Web Site: www.cvrcsoaring.com