A little clarification is in order:

What I am doing is in no way sanctioned, approved or even known to the ESL -
other than those who follow this list.

MY goal is to publish handicaps and handicapped scores by taking advantage
of the fact that I have the scores and manage the web site. If handicaps
work I know the members will start pushing for them. If they don't like them
they will be a short-lived curiosity.

I can think of no better, non-threatening way to test the concept.

My other goal was to generate some discussion that wasn't about antennas and
skegs. I guess it worked! :-)

Sorry about the confusion I caused.

Anker

PS I can understand the rationale that the AMA has for banning handicaps.