I've been updating and remodeling my Sharon and XP3. The latter needed
dents removed and I changed the wing servos. Due of a variety of
circumstances I haven't had time to fly either plane all that much, but
next season I intend to go full blast. I want to practice and become good
enough to go to contests without fear of killing innocent bystanders in the
landing zone (precision landing ain't my thing). To practice winter flights
I got out the Sharon last weekend, and I managed to fly enough to qualify
for LSF level I. Level II should not be a problem either, as I've done far
more than that in the past, but this will have to wait untill the Summer.

As for new planes, I've building moderately hard on my Sierra and it is
nearly done except for the lacquering the wings. I expect this plane to be
perfect for keeping in the car together with the XP3 - you know, to get
them out whenever there is an occasion to fly. Already I plan to prolong a
work related car trip to Washington DC (from Springfield, IL) by taking a
few days vacation along I 64 and visiting various slope sites (Blue Ridge
Mnts, Frankfurt Kty). I cannot wait to see some nice slopes to fly this
Sierra. I've been told to bring something foamy as well since some slopes
may be hard to land on. So, I will take along my old Zagi just in case.

--- Rense Lange
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]