Inertial Measurement Unit, rate of inertia, angular momentum ??????  I dont have a
clue what you guys are talking about.  All I know is you go out, turn the heli on, let
the HH gyro, inertial measurement unit, angular momentum indicator, or what ever you
want to call the thing initialize, fire up your heli and and go fly.  The damn thing
always keeps my heli pointed in the right direction and thats enough for me! How
people flew w/o them in the early days is beyond me.
To make this sailplane related- if you want to exercise that left thumb, fly helis for
a while.  Then go back to your sailplane and turn off that aileron/rudder mix- you may
find using that left thumb isnt such a chore after all.  Walter
---
GG