Kevin Sheen wrote:
I've been using Radical RC NiMH packs for the last 2 years in most of my planes and in my JR 783 transmitter.  Not a single problem with any of the packs.

I'm not sure where you are getting the discharge rates below, but I've seen speed 400, speed 280 and below use them as motor packs! and I guarantee you, they discharge them faster than C or even 2C.

Check out radicalrc.com, he may have some data on usage of NiMh packs and their charge / discharge recommendations.
First off, I'm in Canada, so buying anything from the states costs too much in time, customs, exchange, and shipping :( So I try to find alternate sources. The Energizer cells from Walmart are reasonably (about $5.50 CDN/cell), and are available locally (at least 2 Walmart stores here).

Secondly, not all cells are created equal. These ones (Energizer NH15) seem to be designed for the consumer market, not the wing flapping electric flight market.

The only datasheet I can find is:
http://data.energizer.com/datasheets/library/rechargeables/consumer/nimh/nh15.pdf

At 2C the cell voltage is radically depressed. I have doubts that these particular cells could handle the Amps like say HR-4/5AUP NI-MH cells could, which are also larger with less capacity for this very reason.

This wasn't a thread about the merits of Ni-MH (which I already use), rather the merits of these specific cells :)

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada