Guys,

Foregt the rechargebale batteries, or anything to that effect.  You are only
going to do the flight once.  If you have not doneyour homework for the
flight, just buy another set of alkalines.

For those commeting about why, well back when it was conceived it was
thought to be a hard task.  At the time it was.

For planes, Fine one that flies in light lift and is stable.  Often the wind
dies down sometime and then you are scratching.  Anyone who flies thinking
about having fun is carzy because I would not want to get 6 hours in and
have the plane go in because I was racing around the sky.  I flew a Graupner
Cirrus.

I second the Lvl 5 contests.  I was almost the first LSF V.  I had all my
flight taks done and one contest when Baxter and Work got their flights in.
It turns out that they knew someone in Calif was going for it but did not
know how far along they were.  It was me.  I was doing the flights because I
was going away to grad school and knew I would not have a chance to get the
flight witnesses.

On returning from school, I entered the first 2 contests, and won those for
my last 2 wins.  The last contest was interesting, it was all three goal and
return flights in a singles contest.  I was the only one to get the 6.2 mile
Lv5 5 goal and return, even beating out Joe Wurts, the king of goal and
returns.  My first goal and return was with a Grandespirit, and my last with
my original F3B RE ship.

Good luck.

Chris Adams
LSF 348 Lvl 5 # 8