At 07:28 PM 2/23/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I suggest people just don't worry about Level V tasks until the time comes,
>the road to V takes a while and there is no rush.
>
>I used to complain about the 8 hour slope task online here too, of course
>that was before I started the LSF program.  It's like I got into this mind
>set, why even start this thing if I don't believe in one task that it will
>take to finish it.  That is a bad way of thinking about the LSF
>program.  I'll be happy to graduate to Level IV this year, and take on the
>Level V tasks one by one as they happen to fall my way.  Even if I never
>make Level V the first four levels will have taken me farther than I
>understood when I was just focusing on that 8 hour slope task before I
started.

>More than likely I'll hook up with some friends that I have met directly or
>indirectly through LSF and we will do that task together, and it will be
>fun.  Until then, I am not going to worry about it.
>
>Cheers to all the Level V guys,
>Jim
>
>Jim
>Downers Grove, IL
>Member of the Chicago SOAR club,  AMA 592537    LSF 7560 Level III
>ICQ 6997780    R/C Soaring Page at www.jimbacus.net

I will go one step further.  Don't worry about LSF tasks at any time.  Do
what you enjoy and forget the rest.  After all, this is just a hobby.  When
it quits being fun, find something else to do.  That's what I did back in
1975.  That's the year I achieved LSF level IV.  I have no interest in
standing out on a slope for 8 hours so I dropped the idea of achieving
level V.  I don't usually fly over 10 minutes on any flight no matter how
good the lift.  I have completed the contest requirements and flown over 2
hours and 15 miles while flying cross country so the other requirements
don't mean much to me.  If standing on a slope for 8 hours turns you on, go
to it.  It's just not for me.  Of course I could always change my mind but,
at my age, it isn't likely.  Have fun.

Chuck Anderson