After becoming frustrated from attempting to strip balsa with MABS, I purchased a $50 tabletop circular saw from Harbor Freight. A rip fence was constructed from a piece of maple and held to the table top with a couple of C-clamps. My MABS is now used only for stripping 1/16 or thinner wood. While the blade that comes with the saw works fine, I am considering purchasing a blade from MicroMark that is thinner and has more teeth per inch.

Good luck with your project.
Regards,
Bob Johnson
Fond du Lac, WI
Flying electric sailplanes until the jet stream moves north and stays there! :)

I need some advice on stripping balsa stock. I've purchased some 3" x 1/8" x 36" balsa sheeting that I need to strip into 3/16" strips for planking the pod on the Bowlus Baby Albatross that I'm building. I've got a Master Airscrew Balsa Stripper (MABS), but can't seem to cut a straight strip with it.  The blade seems to wander and follow the grain. After a few attempts, I decided to use my bench top band saw for the stripping. Does the MABS work for other folks? Any tips/tricks to using it? Better tool out there?

Thx - Scott Marshall
SLC, UT, USA