Before all of the new fancy gadgets (which most of the times don't work
well) people used straight edges.  Try a 48" straight edge, use a fine
pencil, and don't try pushing the blade through on the first pass.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott & Kim Marshall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 4:28 PM
To: RCSE Post
Subject: [RCSE] Balsa Stripping Help

I need some advice on stripping balsa stock. I've purchased some 3" x 1/8" x
36" balsa sheeting that I need to strip into 3/16" strips for planking the
pod on the Bowlus Baby Albatross that I'm building. I've got a Master
Airscrew Balsa Stripper (MABS), but can't seem to cut a straight strip with
it.  The blade seems to wander and follow the grain. After a few attempts, I
decided to use my bench top band saw for the stripping. Does the MABS work
for other folks? Any tips/tricks to using it? Better tool out there?

Thx - Scott Marshall
SLC, UT, USA

For those not familiar with the MABS, it is made of black plastic, about 4"
in length. A #11 Xacto blade is clamped in place and an adjustable screw
set's the width.

This message, including attached files, may contain confidential information and is
intended only for the use by the individual and/or the entity to which it is
addressed.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of, or copying of the information
contained herein is not allowed and may lead to irreparable harm and damage for which
you may be held liable.  If you receive this message in error or if it is intended for
someone else please notify the sender by returning this e-mail immediately and delete
the message.