I zoom launched both stabs off of a newer model....It startled me and I
applied full flaps to slow it down....The model roller inverted and was
completely steerable with the ailerons and I flew it around in big circles
and it landed inverted with "not" one scratch...I put the stabs back on and
flew the rest of the day....Lucky??  I'd sure say so.....Brian Smith