At a $130 for the Craftsman, its a marginal value,
> but its a much better saw than the Tradesman.  If I was in the market, I'd
> wait for the Craftsman to go on sale.  By the way, the Tradesman is only a
> 1/4 hp.  You get what you pay for.

1/4hp is plenty for a small bandsaw.
Every now and then the Ryobi 9" bandsaw goes on sale for $79.00
this is probably a better bandsaw, BUT you won't find too many
bandsaws for $59.00 EVER and it will be more than adequate
for cutting balsa, foam, plastic and aluminum..........

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com