Here's another screaming deal.  A rotary tool, including bits, collets and
case for $9.99 from Harbor Freight. Single speed only, but I don't think
that's much of a drawback.  BTW, I recently bought a new Dremal tool to
replace my 25 year old one and am less that impressed by the new model's
performance.  Did something happen to the build quality...off shore
sourcing/manufacturing strikes again?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41695  You
can't beat that!
RE band saws, mine is a Chinese Harbor Frieght 3 wheeler, with careful set
up has reasonable accuracy.  Remember to store the saw with the blade loose
when not using it for periods of time .....you do get what you pay for but
sometimes $ talks pretty loud.

Andy DiMizio
Rimshot! Enterprises
Santa Barbara CA