I have been flying non stop with My Compulsion in the Sportube and none of the airlines gave me any crap.

Friday morning I flew AA to St Louis...no questions.
Today I show up at St Louis and I get crap about it being oversize and how strict they are at St Louis about over size  ...63" is the limit sir and while we realize you have been getting away without being charged the $80 oversize fee, you aren't this time.

They had me, I couldn't leave my stuff there in St Louis, and if you miss a flight they knock you $100.

I'll be raging them via a complaint form ....lot of good that will do....

So it looks like another reason to go to three piece wings....you can keep the snowboard tube under the limit.

This is probably a fluke of this airport, so don't over react.  I had it happen once before in New Orleans.....

Bummering.
Gordy