While we're on the subject of radio interference from high-powered electrical devices, I have a related question.

We have two horses. Both of them are BIG (one Clydesdale, one Belgian-Clydesdale). Savannah, our Belgian-Clydesdale (she looks similar to "Big John" in the Tim Allen - Kirstie Alley movie "For Richer or for Poorer") is extremely intelligent, as is typical of draft breeds. A little TOO intelligent. In the winter when the grass is scarce, she's quite adept at finding the weak spots in any fence. She walks down mesh fence, figures out how to defeat barbed wire, and can go under a chest-high hi-tensile wire, or even between two hi-tensile wires (one higher and one lower). She's bigger and stronger than a Volkswagen, and extremely clever and resourceful, better in that category than most dogs I've worked with.

In the interest of keeping her from wandering the neighborhood roads in the wee hours of some icy winter morning, I'm getting ready to install our last resort, an electric fence (pretty powerful one too, strong enough to stop a really big horse).

However, I fly quite a bit in the back yard and in the pastures, around, across and over where the electric fence will be, with all sorts of radios including some ultra-micro single conversion radios.

Does anyone have any actual experience with flying in close proximity to an electric fence? What sort of interference can I expect from it, and if there are problems, are there any solutions short of turning it off while I'm flying? Savannah is smart enough to figure out if the sight of one of my toys overhead means the fence is shut down.

Don Stackhouse @ DJ Aerotech [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.djaerotech.com