The front of your microwave oven has a metal screen. The size of the
holes dictates at what frequency energy will be contained to prevent
unwanted "cooking" of ambient (moisture-based) objects such as your face
while you watch your pizza pops being prepared for consumption.

Basically, the high (gigaHertz) frequency energy is unable to travel
through, as the viewing holes are physically smaller than the actual
wavelength. The same principle can be applied to dissipative (energy
absorbing) materials such as carbon as it relates to the various weaves
and their ability to reduce or block the carrier frequency.

Given that all layups are hand-made the overlap, weave skewing, type and
density of CF and orientation makes even two fuses from the same
manufacturer significantly different EMI/RFI-wise...