I don't believe component, or even manufacturing Q&A would be different
between the two technologies, especially from the same OEM. Both devices
would be manufactured to the same (company/industry-based) standard(s).
As far as tuning, the OEM who offers both share the same XTAL if I'm not
mistaken.

What this means is that there is a difference between sC or dC RX's to
assess and respond to commands at the same signal strength.

A list member sent me an email (rightly) pointing out OEM's see fit NOT
to put forth data that would allow anyone to hold them accountable to
any performance claims. It would be fascinating to take the current crop
of RX's and do back-to-back comparisons to see who talks and who walks
;^)

In reference to your staement below, my question to you would be: "How
do you know that you are flying in a noisy environment, and how
(exactly) do you know that your sC RX is not being hit like everyone
else??

People would be amazed and more concerned (safety conscious) if it were
demonstrated to them (eg: a pulse emission detector) just how often the
RF link they believe is 100%...is actually a something less. Observed
flight, and then concluding that the link is 100%...is blissfully
inaccurate.