--- "James V. Bacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It was the Bubble Dancer that blew the stab off.

The Allegro discussion group reported a few Allegros that lost stabs on
launch last year. In some of the cases, the explanation of eyewitnesses
was that the plane had somehow hit the towline during the pre-zoom
dive, but in at least one case there was a lingering suspicion about
the stab mounting system. Of course, this could apply to the BD and Ava
as well. The Ava's V-mount might be slightly more rigid than the
standard BD mount, because it has a ring arrangement that encircles the
boom; even so, if you get going fast enough, bad things could happen.

The Ava is damn sturdy and will take an aggressive launch, but I think
Jim's comment is well-founded -- just remember you're not launching
your Icon. Like Jim, I have both an Icon and an Ava (as well as a BD
under construction), and my foot is definitely lighter on the pedal
with the Ava.