Hi Folks,

While out making the first flights on a new design
last weekend I spun in from low altitude after a hand
toss. This ship is a full house composite 2 meter with
a bagged foam core wing. The skin is 3/4 oz. cloth and
uni carbon for the first 2/3 of chord with Kevlar for
the last 1/3 in the Phil Barnes style. Anyway, I had
Way to much up trim suddenly. I hit  a wing tip and
now have a compression failure of the upper skin. The
wing is still basically strong in that it not very
flexible where the failure is. I am looking for the
best way to stabilize the area so I can complete my
flight tests. The upper skin in the area of the
failure is concave. Should I just inject epoxy under
the failure area and put a strip of glass on top or is
there a better way. With the talk of molded vs foam
lately we have a chance to prove foams merit.

Cheers,

Mark Miller
http://www.isthmusmodels.com