> a bagged foam core wing. The skin is 3/4 oz. cloth
I hit  a wing tip and
> now have a compression failure of the upper skin. The
> wing is still basically strong in that it not very
> flexible where the failure is. I am looking for the
> best way to stabilize the area

Here is a technique I have been using and it works
very well for this kind of damage and for delamination.
You take a small piece of music wire and poke some
holes along the crease. use the music wire to poke from
one hole to the next and lift the crease a bit.
Take some "Elmers Ultimate Glue" (formerly pro-bond)
and put it in the bottom of a paper cup. Add a few drops of water
to the glue and whip it up, then use a syringe to inject the glue from hole to
hole under the skin. You can actually skip every other hole and apply
tape over the injected holes, the glue will foam and expand to the next hole.
Let it kick of for an hour or 2 before shaving off the overflow.
There are alternate methods if you don't have a way to inject the glue:
You can squirt the glue in the holes, then squirt water in the holes, then
plunge the holes with the music wire to push the glue from one hole to
the next. Wipe off the mess with acetone, but don't
 saturate the rag, just dampen it and work quickly, so you don't damage
any foam.
You need to complete the application fast, it starts foaming in a couple minutes.
I have tried other brands and they don't make a very even or dense foam, the
Elmers works best. You can fill VERY Large voids this way.
For large damaged areas, pour the mix in the area as it starts to foam,
sand to shape after it kicks off, fill with light spackle and then re-glass or
just paint if it isn't structural.

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com